Here are highlights from the video about antibiotics:
- Were introduced in 1944 to treat diseases, such as tuberculosis, salmonella, and pneumonia.
- Are intended to be used sparingly to maintain their effectiveness.
- Currently 80% of all antibiotics are fed to factory farm animals.
- Make animals grow faster and enable them to survive unhealthy living conditions.
- Overuse is creating antibiotic super bugs, which contaminate soil, water, and the food we eat.
- Support meat without drugs by signing the petition at http://www.meatwithoutdrugs.org/#watch.